Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Amanda Horowitz

Before Spring Break I tried to film people expanding and contracting (entering and leaving) within a space, I thought the metro would be the best way to catch this. I was comparing the footage I had from the train to the sponge video, trying to give it some sort of access point that was broader than just a sponge. I'm not sure how I feel about it, so this week I tried to find processes in which material growth and decay is caused from the combination of an uncontrollable source (water/liquid and heat). I made pieces of felt from wool sweaters- I really enjoy how the fibers in the sweaters bonded together to make a denser piece of wool, yet its new found strength has made the wool smaller and essentially ruined. I also tried to fill up the plastic tarps meant to catch paint with house paint. This process was an attempts to find a way to contain a liquid and put form into something meant to be flat.








No comments:

Post a Comment