Wednesday, April 20, 2011

annie jackson

In the week of april 6th I was working on making some sort of wax dome to place over my objects.
I was having trouble figuring out a way to make them present but difficult to see so i created a mold out of tape to form the shape i was looking for.



However, it was a disaster and ended with wax on my floor. After scraping it up I had a pile of wax shavings.




For the next week I decided to type up the story of one object and print it out multiple times. Then i cut up the words and scrambled them around so they alluded to the event but a viewer could still not make complete sense of the event- much like the dark hard to see photographs.




To move this idea further i used the text as a base for the actual objects and bought black and white colored sand to pour into a pile over the object so i can also not be seen except for the top poking out from the pile.






No comments:

Post a Comment