Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Adi Shachar




I have begun working on a larger piece that will be an installation space.

I was for quite some time stuck, unsure where i'd like to go from making formal structures, which spawned from an interest in architecture. I had explored it in small scale, but discovered that I would like my investigation to be done on a much larger scale which will be able to actually behave as an architectural space and have the viewer enter it.

I thought about what it is I am attracted to in terms of architecture and space. which is the space's ability to dictate our senses in a very primal way. We are instinctually aware of the architecture we enter, or see, wether it is claustrophobic, spacious, comforting etc. It creates a bodily feeling (on the senses) through the experience of the space. This thought led me to a personal interest I have with the symbolic and esthetic icon of the womb as a structure. A primal space/architecture that we have collectively experienced in a non-cognitive way, but I believe the structure has significance in relation to intimacy and collective memory/ cognition.

I have put some samples of videos that I would like to use, not necessarily in this format exactly. The imagery I am trying to use is that of movement through an emotional "blueprint" which speaks of life in terms of voyeurism and intimacy.

I apologize if the video is acting weird i'll try and repost it, but keep in mind this only samples and it has no sound.


you might have to skip around to see some parts.... opps.





No comments:

Post a Comment