Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Amanda Horowitz

This week I made two walls that will be used as a platform for a piece next week. I wanted to use walls because in their functional state they are used to outline and contain space, as a platform they maintain the same function but in its collapsed form. I began working with a larger paint pocket, but it ended up exploding and did not turn out the way I expected. I think next week I will either tweak this piece (an attempts to catch a contracting form with a vulnerable and contained body) or move on to another piece with non explosive paint pockets. I am beginning to understand that what I want to achieve is an archive of material's own functions and boundaries- how can a form be in a functional state and decaying/fleeting state at once- and also how does the process of creation speak to expansion and contraction. I think with these things in mind I will be able to better understand the subtle relationships and alterations that are needed to make a more holistic piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment